When it comes to writing a resume, highlighting your special skills can help make you stand out from the competition. In this article, we’ll share over 20 lovely special skills that you can include on your resume to impress potential employers.
Effective communication skills are essential in any job. Here are some special skills related to communication:
- Active Listening: The ability to listen attentively and understand others’ perspectives.
- Public Speaking: The ability to speak confidently and effectively in front of an audience.
- Negotiation: The ability to reach agreements with others by finding common ground.
Many jobs require technical skills, and highlighting them on your resume can show that you’re proficient in certain areas. Here are some special skills related to technology:
- Programming Languages: Knowledge of programming languages like Java, Python, or C++.
- Software Proficiency: Familiarity with specific software programs, such as Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Excel.
Leadership skills are often highly valued by employers. Here are some special skills related to leadership:
- Team Management: The ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- Strategic Planning: The ability to think long-term and make plans to achieve specific objectives.
- Delegation: The ability to assign tasks and responsibilities to others effectively.
In today’s global economy, knowing multiple languages can be a huge asset. Here are some special skills related to language:
- Bilingualism: Fluency in two languages.
- Translation: The ability to translate written or spoken language from one language to another.
- Interpretation: The ability to interpret spoken language from one language to another.
Creative skills can help set you apart and show your ability to think outside the box. Here are some special skills related to creativity:
- Graphic Design: The ability to create visually appealing graphics and designs.
- Writing: The ability to write creatively and effectively.
- Photography/Videography: The ability to take high-quality photos or videos.
What if I don’t have any special skills?
Everyone has special skills, even if they don’t realize it. Think about what you enjoy doing or what comes naturally to you, and highlight those skills on your resume.
How many special skills should I include on my resume?
It’s best to keep your resume concise, so focus on highlighting your top 3-5 special skills that are most relevant to the job you’re applying for.
Should I include soft skills on my resume?
Yes, soft skills like communication and leadership are highly valued by employers and should be included on your resume.
How can I showcase my special skills during an interview?
During an interview, be sure to give specific examples of how you’ve used your special skills in past jobs or projects. This will help show potential employers how you can bring value to their organization.
Highlighting your special skills on your resume can help make you stand out from other applicants.
When listing your special skills, be sure to provide specific examples to back up your claims. This will help make your resume more credible and impressive.
Highlighting your special skills on your resume can help make you stand out from other applicants. Be sure to focus on the most relevant skills for the job you’re applying for and provide specific examples to back up your claims.